Painter, graphic artist. He studied at the Moscow school of painting, sculpture and architecture (1908 – 1913) A. E. Arkhipov, A. M. Vasnetsov, K. A. Korovin, V. A. Serov. Since 1916 – member of the Association of traveling art exhibitions. Taught in the regional people's art school in Tashkent (1918 – 1921). From 1925 he lived in Italy, traveled a lot. Exhibited in many international exhibitions, personal exhibitions of the artist took place in Italy (1927, 1928, 1931, 1945), Kirov, Moscow (1971, 1972, 1991), Tashkent (1977). Wrote mainly landscapes (numerous species of Tashkent, Samarkand), portraits and still lifes. Works are in state Tretyakov gallery (Moscow), the Uffizi gallery and Pitti (Florence), the Museum of Russian art in Minneapolis (USA), in museums and private collections of Russia, Uzbekistan, Italy.
Born in the city of Vyatka, Russia. Studied at MUZHVZ (1908 – 1913), having as teachers - A. Arkhipov, A. Vasnetsov, K. Korovin, V. Serov. Lived in Moscow, from 1915 was in military service in Turkestan. From 1908 he participated in exhibitions MUZHVZ, CPX, TPHV (was a member of the T-VA from 1916). He taught at the Turkestan regional people's art school in Tashkent, among his students – N. Karakhan, M. Kupriyanov, S. Chuikov. In 1926 he moved to Italy. During the Second world war he was an active member of the Resistance movement in Rome. Author of numerous landscapes, portraits and still lifes. Works were exhibited at exhibitions in Moscow, Kirov, Tashkent, Rome, Milan, Bergamo, Trieste, Turin and new York. Bequest of the artist part of the work from the workshop in Rome was donated to the state Tretyakov gallery. Other paintings are stored in the Kirov regional HMM, HMM Tula, the National gallery of modern art in Rome, Gallery of modern art in Milan, the Uffizi gallery in Florence, etc.